John Kenefick and Laurie Elza are authors of the Texas Chapter of Construction Litigation Desk Reference, A Fifty State Compendium published by Defense Research Institute. The efforts of the authors and editors have resulted in a unique Desk Reference for construction lawyers.
This collection of state-by-state chapters focuses on the most important current issues in construction litigation. Topics addressed include:
- insurance including “your work” exclusion, “occurrence” defined, and similar significant subtopics
- causes of action, including contract, tort, strict liability, warranty, green building
- construction/materialman’s lien
- surety/bond issues
- defenses, including statutes of limitation and repose, contributory and comparative negligence, economic loss doctrine
- measure and types of damages
To purchase the book or CD from DRI’s website, click here.