A native of North Dallas, Jacob earned his Juris Doctor from Baylor University after receiving his Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. Jacob joined Macdonald Devin Madden Kenefick Harris as an associate in 2014 after building his litigation practice at other Dallas firms. He is a member of the Dallas Bar Association.
- Business Litigation
- Obtained directed verdict dismissing all claims for breach of contract against a landlord in dispute over reconstruction of premises following complete destruction by fire.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing general contractor from suit involving property damage and indemnification at Galleria Mall demolition and construction project in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment in fraud and misrepresentation suit against seller of corporation, resulting in dismissal of all claims against the client as well as judgment in favor of client on breach of contract claims.
- Obtained summary judgment granting dismissal of general contractor in suit involving the fall and injury of subcontractor’s employee at construction site in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment resulting in dismissal of international manufacturer of playground equipment in products liability suit involving injury to a child on a playground in El Paso County, Texas.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal in response to motion for summary judgment in defamation and wrongful termination suit against oilfield employer in Denton County, Texas.
- Obtained nominal settlement in response to motion for summary judgment in products liability suit against international water park slide manufacturer in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of claims against general contractor in suit involving subcontractor’s injury while operating auger equipment in Dallas County, Texas.
- Negotiated amendments to service agreement removing buyout requirements for oilfield services operator resulting in dismissal of suit for declaratory judgment in Denton County, Texas.
Educational and Professional Background
- Baylor Law School, Juris Doctor, 2009
- University of Texas at Dallas, Bachelor, 2006
U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas