A graduate of St. Edward’s University, James earned his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he won the Dean’s Distinction Award in Trial Advocacy, Depositions, and Contracts and was a 2019 National Pre-Trial Competition Semi-
Finalist, among other recognitions for his effective advocacy. When not serving his clients, James enjoys reading and outdoor activities with his wife and pets.
- James has experience representing a diverse list of commercial clientele in trucking, premises liability, construction defect, and employment disputes.
- Represented general contractor in premises liability suit – won on summary judgment.
- Represented Aeronautics company in trucking lawsuit which implicated various federal motorcarrier regulations, won on summary judgment.
- Represented a subcontractor in a wrongful death matter- won on summary judgment.
- Represented a multi-national construction materials provider in an employment dispute- won on summary judgment.
Honors and Recognitions
- Dean’s Distinction Award in Trial Advocacy, Depositions, and Contracts
- National Advocacy Competition Honors: 2019 National Pre-Trial Competition Semi-Finalist, Preliminary Round Best Advocate, and Best Non-Movant Brief
- 2020 Phi Alpha Delta – National Trial Competition: Best Prosecution
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section
Educational and Professional Background
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2020
- St. Edward’s University, Bachelor of Arts, 2015
James G. Mendez is licensed to practice law in the following areas: