Company leaders face an increasing amount of litigation every year, brought on by investors, employees, regulatory agencies and customers alleging financial loss caused by decisions these directors and officers made. When such suits arise, companies turn to Macdonald Devin as their legal advocates.
Our entire staff of lawyers handle a litany of cases ranging from:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Patent claims
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- Wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment
- Environmental contamination
We regularly consult with businesses on risk assessment, contracts and dispute resolution, breach of contract, oil and gas royalty disputes, consumer protection matters, employment issues, non-compete agreements, fraud, conversion (theft), trade secrets, trademarks, and breach of fiduciary duty.
Some of our more notable cases in this Practice area include:
- Retained by various religious organizations sued for sexual abuse, negligent hiring and supervision, throughout the Southwest.
- Served as Texas Counsel for publicly traded large retail chain handling personal injury, employment agreements, allegations of discrimination based on religion, national origin and wrongful termination; tried 31 separate lawsuits for this client
- Represented multiple automobile dealerships involving claims of commercial disputes, Finance Code violations, Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, fraud and personal injuries.
- Successfully defended a nursing home chain in wrongful termination case based on violation of anti-abuse policy. Chain was sued by former employees in federal court for race discrimination, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
To save our clients time and money, we pursue early resolution through aggressive discovery and motion practice. When early resolution is not possible, our lawyers and our technology provide our clients with the resources to ensure the best possible outcome at trial or arbitration.
Please contact us to learn how we can help you protect your business.