Repeatedly included on the Texas Rising Stars list for her accomplishments in Civil Litigation Defense, Jennifer has a long track record of obtaining dismissals and summary judgments before trial, and has demonstrated her powerful advocacy skills in courtrooms at the trial and appellate level in state and federal courts.
Jennifer earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Houston and her bachelor’s degree in business administration with highest honors from the University of Texas. Her passion for trial advocacy is demonstrated through her active involvement in numerous professional organizations and her participation in the Mock Trial Committee and the Community Involvement Committee of the Dallas Bar Association.
Jennifer is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
- Sustained the granting of a Motion for Summary Judgment on behalf of a medical device manufacturer in a wrongful death personal injury law suit. Lawrence Bailey, Appellant vs. Respironics, Inc. and Respironics Colorado, Inc., Appellees.
- Obtained dismissal for a pharmaceutical manufacturer defendant, in which the plaintiff claimed personal injuries, after 21⁄2 years of litigation
- Won an appeal from the Court of Appeals of Texas, Fifth District, Dallas on behalf of an orthopedic surgeon accused of negligence during surgery.
- Obtained defense verdict for durable medical supply company in bench trial in Tarrant County.
- Obtained summary judgment for medical device manufacturer in wrongful death litigation involving claims of negligence and defective design, manufacturing and marketing.
- Achieved dismissal of Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer in wrongful death products liability lawsuit in North Carolina.
- Obtained summary judgment for product manufacturer in Texas asbestos litigation.
- Obtained dismissal in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division, for medical device manufacturer in wrongful death products liability lawsuit on claims of negligence and defective design, manufacturing and marketing.
- Achieved dismissal of product manufacturer for nuisance settlement in case involving allegations of defective design, manufacturing and marketing.
- Obtained dismissal of corporation which allegedly distributed benzene after filing motion for summary judgment in wrongful death action involving claims of strict products liability, negligence, and gross negligence.
- Achieved dismissal of product manufacturer for nuisance settlement in multiple-plaintiff wrongful death lawsuit involving claims that products were defectively designed, manufactured and marketed.
- Won appeal for dental college and oral surgeon. Plaintiff sued an oral surgeon and dental college under the Texas Tort Claim Act, for alleged injuries sustained during a surgical procedure conducted at the college by the oral surgeon. Trial court found there was no evidence the oral surgeon’s use or misuse of equipment and instruments caused plaintiff’s alleged injuries. The Tenth Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s orders, dismissing the oral surgeon and granting the dental college’s motion for summary judgment based on sovereign immunity. Miers v. Texas A&M Univ. Sys. Health Science Ctr., 311 S.W.3d 577, No. 10-08-00183-CV (Tex. App.–Waco, December 30, 2009, no pet.).
- Represented multiple automobile dealerships involving claims of commercial disputes, Finance Code violations, Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, fraud and personal injuries.
- Obtained dismissal for corporation after filing motion for summary judgment in complex wrongful death case involving allegations of negligence and gross negligence.
- Achieved multiple dismissals of healthcare providers and professionals in complex medical malpractice litigation, including wrongful death and catastrophic personal injuries.
- Obtained a dismissal of a publicly traded defendant that allegedly distributed the chemicals including benzene, Harrison County, Texas
- Obtained a summary judgment for the manufacturer of a Spinal Implant, Class III, Medical Device. The plaintiff had made allegations that the product was defectively designed, manufactured and marketed. Harris County, Texas
- On appeal with oral argument, successfully defended jury verdict in favor of dentist alleged to have negligently caused injury to patient plaintiff. Ward v. Peet No. 05-06-01029-CV, 2007 Tex. App. LEXIS 8947 (Tex. App.-Dallas 2007, no pet.) (mem. op.)
- Successfully defended dentist against malpractice suit in which plaintiff sought damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and physical impairment, and disfigurement. Jury found dentist not negligent and the plaintiff negligent.
- Won unanimous defense verdict in favor of a dentist and a dental clinic in a dental malpractice lawsuit. Plaintiff alleged dentist dislocated her jaw during a crown replacement and asserted that as a result of the dentist’s treatment, she suffered from temporomandibular joint disorders, migraine headaches, hearing loss, vision difficulties, nerve compression syndrome, and numerous other complaints.
- Successfully defended dentist against suit in which plaintiff sought damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and physical impairment. After a very contentious trial, the jury unanimously found the dentist not negligent and the plaintiff negligent.
- Successfully defended dentist against medical malpractice suit brought by plaintiff seeking damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages, and physical impairment. Jury unanimously found doctor not negligent and plaintiff negligent.
- Successfully defended dentist against suit in which plaintiff sought damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disfigurement and plaintiff’s husband sought damages for loss of consortium. Jury unanimously found doctor not negligent.
- Achieved numerous dismissals of medical malpractice and product liability defendants through summary judgments and motions to dismiss.
Honors and Recognitions
- AV Rated, a Martindale Peer Reviewed Rating
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, published by Texas Monthly Magazine, Civil Litigation Defense, 2006, 2008–2011
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Educational and Professional Background
- University of Houston, Juris Doctor, 1997
- University of Texas, Bachelors Business Administration with highest honors, 1994
Civic and Volunteerism
- Mock Trial Committee and the Community Involvement Committee of the Dallas Bar Association
Jennifer D. LeBlanc is licensed to practice law in the following areas:
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas